01. Heath Yonaites - Expressway Overpass Girder [MP3 - 3.7 MB]
A raw geophone recording.
02. Toy.Bizarre - KDI DCTB 053 [FR50] (Railway Station Static)
Recorded while walking along the Limoges railway station tracks. As I was
walking, there were changes (rhythms, drones + electric flux). I believe
that the rhythm has to do with the rail switching commands. Recorded on
5/03/1998 around 10 pm. No EQ, no edit: pure raw
03. Chris Knapp - Yoyogi On/Off
04. Steve Barsotti - Train Yard Presence
Presence in Magnolia train yard.
05. JFrede - Tarp Blowing In The WInd, Prague, Czech Republic
Recorded to minidisc with open air microphone in November 2001.
06. Yannick Dauby - Kiling Kelang
Recorded at Plateau de Calern, Alpes-Maritimes, France. July 2002, in a
very small stone-house, with a textile roof slapping in the north-eastern
07. Eric La Casa - Moulin de l'écornerie (Mill Of Ecornerie)
November 30th 2001, around 14h20. recording made at Le moulin de
l'écornerie (located at Saint Hilaire de Loulay, Vendée, France) on the
river Maine. Thanks to Jean Moreau, miller. (c) 03.2003.
08. Dave Knott - Making Fire With Russ [MP3 - 4.8 MB]
09. Jon Tulchin - Fly Swarm [MP3 - 3.2 MB]
Recorded in Makakilo, Hawai'i.
10. MNortham - Ancient Sewer Pipe, Valletta, Malta
11. Edward Ruchalski - Coast Guard, Oswego Station
Recorded with minidisc recorder and in-ear binaural
12. Claudio Chea - One Minute Eruption And Ground Static (Volcano Arenal,
13. S. Arden Hill - Snowfall In December (Recorded With Tinfoil)
I just folded tinfoil over my microphone and stuck it outside on my
mother's deck. I wanted the snow to completely cover the microphone but
ran out of disc space. The entire recording was 35 minutes with a lot of
variation. Recorded in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada, 2002.
14. Gintas K - Invite Round For A Cup Of Tea
The sound of an old Russian tea kettle. "Invite Round For A Cup Of Tea"
is also the basis of a performance piece that has been presented at "
Sound + Image " (1999, Vilnius Contemporary Art Centre); at the
exhibition entitled " Lithuanian Art 1989-1999" (1999, Vilnius
Contemporary Art Centre ); and at avant garde music festival "Didelis
pasaulis" (1999, Kaunas).
The performance begins with filling and starting the tea kettle. When the
water has boiled to make tea, then it is served to audience. Sounds of
the tea kettle powerfully activate the stereo field of the microphone.The
performance is special for the reason that it has all of the necessary
musical composition elements: natural organic form, changing rhythm,
great number of timbres always changing colors on various sound pitches
and very expressive dynamics - from ppp till fff.